The hardest part about the blogging world is getting noticed. You can have great content and a lot to say but never get the audience you are reaching for.
How can you make your blog stand out among all those others? Well, here are five ways to help your blog stand out from the rest.
- Images – First of all, your blog needs to have pictures. People are primarily visual and great images help get them interested in your great content. If you can make the images funny, creative, colorful, or cool, then you will get even more readers in. Spice up your blog with some pics!
- Theme/Template– Your theme or template, whichever the case may be, is the clothes for you blog. You dress to impress, right? So, you need to make sure your blog is dressed well. Whether it is sleek and suave, colorful and cheery, or bold and beautiful, your blog’s look sends a message before your content ever gets seen. Make sure it is the right one.
- Titles–Descriptive is good. Boring is bad. Technical is worse. You want to draw people in, not scare them away, Make sure your titles say something about your content, but in a way that doesn’t frighten off new readers or confuse the casual passer-by. Make it descriptive and fun, even catchy if you can. But don’t make it too long; the title or the post itself. Shorter is better.
- Networking –To make friends you have to be a friend. I know, that’s something you learned in kindergarten, but it stands the test of time. What is true in school is true in the blogging world. The more social you are and the more connections you make with your fellow bloggers, the more people you will get to come to your blog. Make friends, comment on other people’s blogs, and become part of the community.
- Buzz-Last but not least, create a buzz. Be controversial. You don’t want to alienate people, I know, but you do want people to feel something about your blog. The more they feel, the greater chance they will remember and return, or even recommend. Controversy is always a great way to get people in, for or against you. Just make sure you keep it on the up and up and stay respectful of everyone’s views.
Making your blog stand out doesn’t have to be complex or expensive. These five ideas are simple and common sense if you think about them. However, many bloggers get so caught up in SEO and content that they forget the goal is for people to stick around. Keep them coming back for more and make your blog memorable. That’s the only way to get a stable audience.
About the Author:
This guest post is contributed by Debra Johnson, blogger and editor of nanny babysitter.
She welcomes your comments at her email Id: -jdebra84 @ gmail.com.